Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our son, the soccer star...

...or not?!?! As of this moment in time, he is not at all impressed with the idea of sharing a ball. The league that Ayden is in only plays on Saturdays for an hour. The first half an hour is spent doing skill drills. I must say that in this Ayden has improved a ton in the last two weeks. He will actually kick and follow the ball whereas two weeks ago that wasn't his idea of a good time. The second half an hour is playing an actual game - if you can call it that. Fortunately for Ayden, and unfortunate for his coach, there are four of them who just are not into it. Today, I had to go out on the field and tell him that he needed to stop talking about Thomas and the trains and go help his team. He doesn't know anyone on his team. He is such a social being that when there isn't that element for him there isn't any connection with the game.


We have friends at church who are coaching their sons' team. Ayden thinks the world of Trent and Donovin and if he sees them playing and having fun, then he might want to also. If there is a game or practice that we can take him to so that he can see, maybe that'll work. I'm a desperate momma here...I don't care if soccer isn't his thing and I don't care if he tells us that next year he doesn't want to play, but Shawn and I do want him to get through this season, hopefully not crying every week. I hate to see him so miserable! I do think, though, that he would enjoy it if he really gave it a shot! Somehow we have to mix trains and soccer at this point to get that to happen!!!!!
Levi, on the other hand, wanted to get in there so badly and play with the big kiddos...thanks NeeNee for keeping him occupied! I know he had a blast!
Here are some more shots from today.

No comments: