Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, technically it's Friday morning. But this is the time that I was able to find to do this, and that is what I'm thankful for. QUIET time. There isn't much of it in this house - with three boys, a cat, lots of loads of laundry and dishes, and the fact that I love having people in my home doesn't leave for much peace and quiet and that's OK. That just means that I have to work really hard at finding time to focus on my relationship with God. I am really good (as I have said before) with brief, less than ten sentence, to the point prayers throughout the day, and because of grace I know God accepts them just as he would a beautiful, thought out, eloquent prayer. I can't stay focused long enough to do that. I just know that God made me the way I am and He understands me better than I do. That's part of why I love blogging - it sort of helps me to focus a little better when I see the words typed out.
Anyway, I am thankful for my quiet time in the morning (when I do get out of bed early enough) to be with my Maker. It also just helps me to put my day into perspective, get a few things done before everyone else gets up, and feel somewhat accomplished, because once all my wonderful distractions wake up, there's no telling what I won't be able to get done for the rest of the day - and that's OK.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's the little things in life, isn't it? God knows what we need.