Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whoa it's Wednesday

Being home with the kids, I'm convinced, makes me completely oblivious to days passing by. (Yes I do work part time, but it's with kindergartners, so they don't help my cause.) What I mean by this is that I get so into routine that I don't realize that time is passing me by. I do well with routine - I know what people expect of me, I know what to expect of others. My children (and I think most children) thrive on routine. Sometimes I feel like the only days I recognize are Sundays because we have church and LIFE group, Wednesdays because we go for Bible classes, and Friday because it's payday. The rest of the week is kind of slurred together with constant laundry, food preparation, naps, picking up toys, discipline, changing diapers, taking out the many bags of trash that are filled with those diapers, etc. When I realized this, I got a little bumbed. I used to be so spontaneous. I love to travel; I love to be well read; I love languages. The two parts of me couldn't be more opposite. I hate it when my mind starts to wonder/wander and I start the "what if's..." I get upset at myself because I don't feel as though God wants thinking along those lines. We are supposed to be content in whatever circumstances we are in.

Philippians 4:11-12

11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

I love my circumstances. I love my life. I have a wonderful adoring husband who would do anything in the world for me. I have three of the most precious boys who bring me such emotion (both positive and negative). I have wonderful extended family/church family/friends. We have a house that I just love more and more all the time, food in the fridge/pantry, and enough clothes for several families, I'm sure! We are so blessed.

So, back to my dilemma - days all running together. I think I just need to make more of an effort to see new blessings about each day.

Lamentations 3:22-24
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

I will try and post some of the non-obvious blessings as I recognize them. Let me know of some of yours! Since Tuesdays are not usually days where I can post for Gratituesday, I will try to do Thankful Thursdays. The key word is TRY!

Until then, here are my obvious blessings!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I remember those days all to well. I have to say, they weren't good for me. Like you I love my life, although at times, I think someone else is living the life I'm supposed to be living.

I struggle with my mind wandering to. You know what? I always come home, I'd never really leave, and here is where I want to be even with the stress of kids, money and life.

My life is a blessing and so is my imagination.