Monday, November 10, 2008

Time to unpack...

Well, we made it. Three adults, 4.25 children (my sister is pregnant), over 1,000 miles, too many pit stops to count, and a whole lot of snacks. Mom, Jenn, and I took the kiddos to see Shawn's parents and grandparents (left Thursday morning, back Sunday evening), since we won't be able to see them for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. Shawn's cousin, Erin, is going to be getting married in January, so that will be our next trek out to Ohoho (as Jenn and I like to call it). We wanted his grandparents to be able to meet Toby while he was still a tiny tiny.
Jenn and I have dubbed our Mom a saint. She sat in the back seat between Ayden and Mia - talk about squooshy! Thank you, Mom! You are the best NeeNee in the world!

Here are some highlights from the trip.
Ayden informed us that we were "going on a journey" and when we told him what state we would be driving through, he called it "Pretzelvania." Mia has not yet said Toby's name. She just repeatedly says, "WAZZAT!!!" every time she sees him. So since Toby sat directly in front of her, that's about all she said all weekend! Levi did so well, but we ran into a ton of traffic around Philly...go figure! We got to King of Prussia and he had had enough. So from there until we got home (at least two hours), I had to hold his hand from the driver's seat...he was right behind me...by the time we got home, I think I had dislocated my shoulder - but who needs a shoulder right? The things we do for our kids! We also taught the kids "Little Bunny FooFoo" and "Little Red Wagon." Anyone who has spent any time at Camp Manatawny can appreciate this. We also sang "Old MacDonald"; "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy"; "BINGO"; "Who Did Swallow Jonah" and many others over and over and over again. It was a trip that we will never forget and we couldn't be any prouder of how awesome the kids were!
While we were at Grandpa, and Gramma's, we did quite a bit of shopping (it's always more fun to shop while you are away), Grandpa got to show off his boys at work and take Ayden on a tractor ride,Grandpa and Grandma Bates came to visit for the afternoon, Gramma D got some good Toby snuggle time,and we played and played.Lots of fun for all! Jenn, Mia, and my Mom even got to drive up to see Nate's grandparents for lunch on Friday. They had not gotten to see Mia walk yet and it was only a couple of hours away.
So there you have it....a trip we will never forget! I'll post pictures after I have a chance to unpack, do laundry, etc., or maybe those things can wait...we'll see! I hear Ayden stirring - gotta run! I hope you are able to recognize the blessing of family as I am reminded each and every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Neenee! Sainthood is wonderful! Sounds like Mommy is a Saint, too! Welcome back!