Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Letter and Pictures

I thought as a recap to the year, I would post our Christmas letter. I make at least 100 cards every year to send out to people, since we have moved so many time in the 6 years we've been married. But, I can't possibly send them to everyone I know, so here is what was inside the card. The first picture is the one that I used...the others were outtakes! And then there is Mia's christmas picture.


WHAT A YEAR! We hope and pray that yours has been an exciting one too! We have so many huge blessings to share, so let’s get started…
As we mentioned in last year’s letter, we were getting ready to close on our house. What a blessing! On December 21st we were handed the keys to the house of our dreams?!?!?! At least we had envisioned the house of our dreams. We bought a fixer-upper to say the least. We had two months to gut and refinish the house. We want to thank our family (both sides) from the bottom of our hearts for all the time, money, energy, etc. that went into this labor of love. Many late nights and weekends are what went into flipping the shell that we bought into our home. You cannot even begin to imagine the difference! I was going to do some before and after pictures, but there is so much more to our year and I know that I will have trouble not running out of room on this page anyway! You will just have to check out the progression of everything on our blog – the archives from December ’07 to April ‘08. We are still picking away at projects when we have a spare minute (do we really have spare time?) and will be for many years to come! So if you are ever up in our area, please get in touch with us…you will always have a place to stay!
On March 7th, Ayden William turned 3. WOW! Where does time go? Ayden is now 3 ½ going on 30. He is the most intense child I have ever met. He is obsessed with Thomas and all the trains, loves to learn, has a steel trap for a memory (don’t try and get anything by him!), and as long as he gets enough sleep, is a ton of fun to be around, although he never stops talking! He is such a good big brother and most of the time he and Levi get along really well – although I do spend quite a bit of time as a referee!
On June 17th, LEVI Christian turned 1. He has come a long way. It was at this time last year I was wondering if I was ever going to sleep again. At nine months, when we moved into our house, Levi started to sleep through the night. We were just so unsettled when he was born that he didn’t settle into his own skin until he felt his world a little more stable. He’ll be 18 months this month, but he’s still our little guy. He is so cute with his stompy little walk. He’s obsessed with cleaning (sweeping, mopping, doing dishes). He is truly Momma’s Helper and is a Momma’s boy to the gazillionth degree. I have a good thing going here, at least for the time being! He is talking so much now…there’s nothing that he doesn’t try to say. He is such a cuddle bug – just ask “Bebi” for a “skeezy-skeeze.”
In late March, after we were all moved in and settling down, I wasn’t feeling so hot. I thought that my body was just trying to catch up from the previous three months or so and the lack of sleep I was getting. I don’t know why, but when I was at the drug store picking some stuff up one day, I walked by the pregnancy tests and just picked one up…I think I just wanted to prove to myself that I wasn’t pregnant and was just under the weather. I took both of the tests in the box and went to tell Shawn the news. We were in such shock that we couldn’t stop laughing! How could this be? We had a nine-month-old baby that I was still nursing! We went for my first appointment and were scheduled for an ultrasound to try and come up with a due date. We went for the ultrasound and were absolutely shocked to find out that I was 18 weeks along which meant that I was pregnant before we bought the house and the picture we sent last year actually had five people in it, not four…we just didn’t know it! God knows what He’s doing…it’s a really good thing we didn’t know. He knows what we need a whole lot better than we do! Toby Landon was born on September 2nd (nine days early and on his cousin Mia’s first birthday). He was 8 lbs., and was 20 ¼ inches long. He had to be in the NICU again like Levi due to the gestational diabetes, but since we’ve been home, everything’s been smooth sailing. He is the easiest baby known to man – so smily, talkative, and has slept through the night since day one! What a joy he is! He is three months now, and when he isn’t sleeping he is in awe of his two older brothers, who also think the world of him. Now that he is here, we can’t imagine life without him! Are we done you ask?!?!?! Don’t know if God has any more planned for us. We are not hoping to have any new additions to write about for next year’s letter…let’s just leave it at that!
Mia, our niece (we think of her as our own though), is having no trouble keeping up with her boys! She is a loving, tenacious, persistent, sweet little girl and she has her Uncle Shawn and Kissy wrapped around her little finger. We were thrilled to find out that she is going to be a big sister! Nate and Jenn are expecting in mid-May and we can’t wait for the addition! God just keeps on sending these blessings our way (this time I don’t have to birth this blessing!).
Shawn is now the store manager of Foodtown. He is hanging in with all the added responsibility and long hours. He enjoys every moment that he can find to wrestle, play games, and cuddle with the boys! He is such a good Daddy!
Kristy is amazed that she isn’t more tired than she is. Sometimes I can’t string two intelligible words together and I long for adult conversation, but I am so blessed to have the best boys in the world – all four of them! I am still working part-time at the school, but I know my real job is at home. I feel so blessed that I don’t have to be away from them more than I do and thankful that we have family to help.
We have done a little traveling to Ohio to see family, but we have mainly had the blessing of family coming to see us this year. Uncle Ryan and Aunt Shathar came to help with the house in January and Dad and Mom B. have been several times throughout the year to see us (mainly the boys). We are excited and hopeful for what this year brings for us, but for you as well! We are having a good time continuing old traditions and starting new ones! “Happy, Merry Christmas” to you from us. That’s what Ayden says! We pray you know the peace that Jesus offers during these uncertain times and that you have given your life to Him. There is no bigger blessing than the love of God!


In His Merciful Love, Shawn, Kristy, Ayden, Levi, Toby, and “Kitty Girl”

No comments: